these days)’s relationship history, but I’ll skim over it as best I can:
- Cyrus and Hemsworth meet on the set of “The Last Song” in 2008.
- They date from presumably then until about 2012, at which point they get engaged (she was 19, he was 22). I would also like to note that Hemsworth used the same ring jeweler (Neil Lane) as the “Bachelor” franchise does. Bad omen? Potentially.
- A year later, the engagement is off and Cyrus enters her short hair, no clothes, tongue-out phase.
- Rumors that Cyrus is dating model Stella Maxwell start circulating in 2015, and this is the first we hear of her budding fluid sexuality.
- Cyrus and Hemsworth are seen out together again in 2016, and soon her ring -- and the engagement -- is back on.
- December 2018 marks their impromptu and “secret” (it got out pretty easily) wedding.
- Cut to this week, when they both confirmed their separation.
What do we think about it?
What does everyone else think?
Need a drink?
- 1 part girl crushes
- 1 part break-up songs
- Add at least one Hemsworth brother
- Add a dash of tears
- Mix and sip while listening to "Slide Away"